Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happiness

When something scares us, we run. When someone tries to hurt us, we scream. When our rights are being taken, we fight back. But what about when we do those things to ourselves? When you are your own worst enemy. When your thoughts are what scare you most of all. When your actions are what cause you pain. How do you fight back against yourself? How do you gather all your strength and energy and pour it into changing how you live? Most importantly, how do you know if you can? What makes you so special that you deserve to be happier than somebody else? I think about these questions often. Why do I deserve to recover? Too be honest I'm not so sure. Maybe I do , maybe I don't. The foundation of the country is "life, liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS". You are not guaranteed to happy, but you do have the right to fight to be happy. If everybody has that right, then everybody has the right to be happy. Every. Single. Person. So really I guess the question should be; what makes me so special that I don't deserve to be happy? Why am I different from any person that enjoys their life? That seems almost as selfish as believing you deserve to be happier than someone else. In that case, where being happy is just as selfish as being sad, wouldn't happy be the better choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment