Saturday, September 28, 2013

I Like Foods?

Liking...food? I know, crazy concept. But apparently I do actually like some foods. I didn't really think about it until I was sitting in therapy eating a muffin (because what else is therapy for). My therapist pointed out that I was eating a blueberry muffin and asked me if I "like" those or chocolate chip ones more. And my first response was which do I LIKE or which do I feel better eating? Of course she wanted to know the first and quite honestly I told her that I like chocolate chip ones more. No, it isn't "healthy" but it tastes really good. I guess what is interesting is that I am figuring out what foods I genuinely like and dislike. Not based on fear (entirely) but whether or not I actually enjoy the taste/ texture of them. For example I HATE the taste of tomatoes, I always have and always will and I HATE the anything orange flavored...it's just gross. But I LOVE peanut butter and I could eat Chipotle pretty much all week. Tomatoes and things that taste or smell like oranges or oranges in general aren't "bad", I just dislike them...a lot. And that's okay. I have also found that somethings I thought I liked, I actually don't. For example, black coffee...not really my cup of tea (see what I did there haha). Or like it turns out that plain lettuce tastes like nothing. Which still is weird to me. But I am learning little things. And each day is a new experience. I like that too.

What foods do you like or dislike?

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment