Saturday, May 4, 2013

Things I Learned From Kaitlyn Wozniak

Today I had the amazing opportunity to talk with Kaitlyn Wozniak ( ms.dc 2012). She is recovered from her eating disorder and is an incredible person to have a conversation with. I thought I would share the main points I took from the conversation.

1. Recovery is possible, no matter what. You just need to try.
2. I can never listen to traditional nutrition advice because my body and metabolism will never be normal again.
3. Anyone suffering is sick. There is no such thing as being "less sick".
4. You don't get to decide everything in recovery but the things you do...make the positive choice. Whether that be deleting tumblr, changing friend circles, or just creating a new you.
5. Sometimes getting away is what you need.
6. An eating disorder is not an identity, it's an illness.
7. When you recover, you can use your struggle to help others do the same.
8. As much as I claim that I'm being forced into treatment, I'm not. If I didn't want to get better then I would be kicking and screaming.
9. Exercise is a healthy part of life but you need to know what advice to take because you'll never be a normal person.
10. Living is better than existing.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment