Saturday, August 31, 2013

English 12....I'm a Senior!!!!

Yep I am officially a high school senior. Which means English 12. And English is my favorite subject...so this is very exciting. As I like to share my little favorite things with you all, I thought I would share my first English assignment with you! My job was to write a letter to my teacher telling her about myself. So, here it is. (Keep reading after for an update on my recovery....or lack thereof)!

**
Dear, Mrs.X
      I feel, as a high school senior, that I should have tons of amazing things to tell you about myself. However, I don’t think I do. But I will tell you what comes into my mind when asked to describe myself. I love reading anything and everything; I could easily spend hours in a library. I strongly believe in complete self-expression and letting people know who you are. My friends are my life, I love each of them for different things and they are the reason I made it this far. I don’t believe in free time, it drives me crazy. I take great pride in my own personal appearance and how people view me. I think how people think is utterly fascinating and watching them talk about what they love is the beautiful moment. Just like everyone I see during my day, I’m figuring myself out.

    My free time, or lack thereof, is taken up with everything that makes me feel whole. Weeks consist of theatre at Drama Learning Center, gymnastics practice, writing for my blog, volunteering for the Special Olympics, being with friends, and working at Columbia Gymnastics. Theatre and gymnastics are the true loves of my life. There is something so freeing about them in totally different ways. Theatre is self-expression and performance while gymnastics is possibly the most challenging and heart wrenching sport, but I love it. You get to fly and learn to surpass all the limits you set for yourself. I do keep a blog of the things that go on in my life and it has about five thousand views on it. Every day it surprises me that people actually care about what I have to say. It truly shows just how much power one person has in the world.

    I am on my youth group board as the Executive Vice President and that took up most of my summer, along with everything else I do. I spent about 40 hours a week in my synagogue working and planning for the year. Towards the end of the summer I went away to the beach for a week with my family and boyfriend. It was the best time. Being the highly perfectionistic person that I am, it was the first time in a while that I just let my hair down. My summer ended with Encampment with my youth group where my team won color war and my friends and I ate legitimately two pounds of Twizzlers.

     Lastly, I like to live my life my quotes. Whether it be little popular ones like “Stay Strong” or longer ones like “ For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” (Audrey Hepburn). I just feel as if things are said for a reason and can truly push us forward. I use different ones for different circumstances. To end this letter I will leave you with my favorite for life, “ Good, better, best, never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
 ***

SO, as promised a little life update. This past week has been really rough food wise. I was supposed to gain a certain amount of weight by today....and let's just say it didn't happen. I don't know what is getting to me. I can do this. I know I can. At least I hope so. 

How do you hold on to hope? and how would you describe yourself?

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment