Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What Makes Me So Special?

We all have those beliefs that we hold to be true no matter what. For me, my strongest one is that there is good in everybody. EVERYBODY. So, that begs the question of well...what about myself? If someone told me to name 3 good things about myself I would freeze. I always say there is nothing good about me. Which must make me pretty darn special to be excluded by my own belief system. Or maybe I just haven't taken the time to realize the good things in myself. So, let's see if I can. I must be able to think of at least one good thing about myself. Oh! If someone needs help, I am the first person to step up. I will volunteer for anything. If I wasn't Jewish I would do Habitat for Humanity in like 3 seconds. Seriously.

Another example of this is when I say that I deserve to be miserable. But nobody else deserves to feel pain and be sad. Everybody else should know what it feels like to be happy. Well, what makes me so special that I need to be sad and feel awful all the time? Just saying.

Everybody says to focus on what makes you special and that's nice. But sometimes I think we need to look at what makes us human. We all have good in us and deserve the best. A person is a person after all.

Next time you wonder...why me? Wonder why not me? Everybody feels things...both good and bad.

I think when I get all philosophical....it's time for bed.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment