Sunday, April 14, 2013

Life in Mario Land and Hogwarts

This weekend I barely left the synagogue. Friday night was Harry Potter Shabbat. The entire building was decorated like Hogwarts and we dressed as the characters. Everyone got into the spirit and had so much fun. Food wasn't a big deal. Even to me. My friend Sarah and I were tired of the food so we went and ate TONS of candy. Just because we wanted to. When in Hogwarts right? It just doesn't always matter. I didn't gain weight overnight and I had fun with a great friend. Plus candy is yummy. That night in Hogwarts was a big moment for me. I realized that just as the magic came to life in everybody's eyes...I felt it too. I felt better, I realized that nobody cares what I look like. My friend is shorter than me and weighs more but she loves herself and always have. I can do that too. All it takes is faith and a little wizardry. Today we had a Mario USY event. We had whipped cream pie eating contests, and jellybean eating contests, and made cupcakes. Plus ate other food. And you know what....I don't care. I had a blast with my friends. And it was worth EVERY calorie. Mario world is all about fun after all.I guess this post doesn't have much of a point other than that sometimes an epiphany can go a really long way. And you never know when it will come.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment