Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I Want From Recovery (inspired by Kait Fortunato RD)

As my admittance into inpatient draws closer, I was tasked with figuring out what I want to gain from going and getting the opportunity to ultimately recover. There are quite a few things that come to my mind immediately. The following list is in order of priority. Well mostly...somethings are a tie...

Cheerleading
College
My license
Freedom to eat what I want
No more calorie counting
Healthy relationships
Less therapy
To be happy with myself
To help others see that recovery exists.


There is definitely more to this list. But I think it's a good starting place. The fact is that my eating disorder has taken a lot from me. More than it has given to me. And it's time for me to take control of my life and what I want.

I believe in full recovery. Do you?

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment