Sunday, March 17, 2013

Finding an Identity

For a long time I have been my eating disorder. But in all honesty I'm not. I have an eating disorder. But I'm not an eating disorder. I spent a good part of this weekend thinking about my future. Right now a large part of my time is devoted to being involved in Jewish life. Judaism within itself is an identity. There is a strong sense of community and being a part of that within the Jewish community. And my beliefs around that concept are very strong. I would be lying if I said my future wouldn't involve Jewish education in some way.

Obviously having that identity takes away part of the identity of the eating disorder. On top of that I do a lot of after school activities. Giving me an actual identity and purpose. And those feel better than being just an anorexic.

It's weird actually. Now when people call me an anorexic, I actually get offended. I have an eating disorder, I'm not one.

I will find my identity and I challenge you to find yours.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment