Thursday, March 14, 2013

Two Conflicting Ideas

This week, I met with a new dietitian for the first time. Now, manipulative old me saw great potential in this. But oddly I didn't need to manipulate her. She just did what I wanted. Which of course was a meal plan alteration. Today, I met with my therapist and upon hearing about the change, she wasn't happy at all. 

These two conflicting ideas puzzle me. Who is right? 

The dietitian does know more about food than a therapist. But my therapist knows me better.

So, I guess the question is, who's advice do I follow? I trust my therapist. It took a long time, but I do. She normally looks out for me. But she does always say that she doesn't know the science behind food. Which is why the dietitian would make more sense to listen to on a food issue. The problem being that even though having this changed makes me, or maybe my ED, really happy, I always feel weird about it. There was obviously a reason that my normal dietitian refused to change it through all my begging. So, why now? 

This is why conflicting statements can mess with your head. I honestly do not know who is right!! I am going to follow the new plan until something comes of it. I just wish they would all agree.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment