Sunday, March 17, 2013

I Just Don't Fit In

Have you ever been somewhere and just felt out if place? Usually it's a party or a new environment. But what if that place is your very own house? I can honestly say that the place I feel least at home is at home. My family life isn't calm to say the least and the conflict affects me. But more so its just a difference in values and ideals. The things that mean the world to me, don't make sense to my family. And to be honest, I don't care much for most of their interests. The things that excite me are usually shot down and end with the reminder to never get your hopes up: I just don't fit in. When I tried to point this out to my mom, she decided that I was wrong and the reason I felt this way was for lack of trying. No amount of explanation would suffice. It's nights like this when I wonder why she is so against me being places where I finally feel at home. At least I can be home for a few days a week. Some people never get to be.

Where is your true home?

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment