Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 7! I can't believe it's already been one week!

7. Do you think the media contributes to the growing amount of girls developing eating disorders younger and younger?


   I will admit that the media can exacerbate eating disorders and people being unhappy with their bodies. I don't personally believe that the media has as big of an influence on people as we seem to believe. The media plays off of societal ideals and the major insecurities of society. If we didn't want to see these images, they wouldn't put them out there. We can't blame the media anymore than we blame ourselves. Yes the media makes these images more acceptable and more widespread but we choose to live in this culture and choose to not change it. I am aware this sounds harsh and I am sorry for that. I do believe it is a self-fulfilling prophecy in the end of it.


Stay Strong
xo Aria


No comments:

Post a Comment