Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Playing Dumb

We've all done at least once in our lifetimes. Pretending we don't understand a class or a concept. Acting like we don't have a clue about our surroundings. The problem is when the acting becomes too real and others believe it. I've played dumb for years. When people really get to know me they suddenly realize just how observant I am and how insightful I can be. However, most people assume I'm dumb as a Door knob. I started doing this in elementary school because everyone always told me how smart I was. So, when I didn't understand something I would get so upset and people kept asking how I couldn't understand it when I am so smart. It got really frustrating. The first time I failed a test was seventh grade, I cried for 2 days. Starting that day I decided if I played dumb it would be easier. The thing is that now when I try to prove I'm smart, nobody believes me. Now, I can't bring myself to finish work because I'm afraid of people knowing what I can do. I'm so frustrated and confused. It's like I know I'm smart but other people don't and the people who do know still question me the same way they used to. So I guess there really is no winning. Or going back. Playing dumb is hard work.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment