Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hunger Cues

That gnawing in your stomach or grumbly feeling, those hunger cues. Hunger annoys me to no end. I used to thrive off of it. Now it makes me want to cry. But why should it? Hunger is a normal human feeling. It is there to let us know that our body needs food before we crash. Yet so many of us ignore it. I just don't understand how something so vital turned into something so evil. Writing this I am hungry and trying to ignore it. But why? What is stopping me from simply getting up and getting food? A while ago I figured out that it's not that I don't want the food, it's that I simply don't trust my body. I don't trust to have food in it and not gain weight. I don't feel that it can be trusted. I feel that it is something to be scared and wary of. Of course to some people this seems completely irrational but think. If someone did something that you found hurt in, you would lose trust. Well, in my head my body has betrayed me in the past, so I don't trust it. I have to control it or I get scared. Following hunger cues is giving your body some trust back. It isn't easy, it's actually really hard. But if we don't come to accept certain things and only try and fight it, we will never be happy with ourselves. With all that said, I think it's time to accept that our bodies know what they need and will even out. They deserve more respect and trust than they are given.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment