Friday, February 8, 2013

Shabbat Dinner

For those of you who are unaware, Friday night through Saturday night is Shabbat. On Friday nights you have a nice dinner and say prayers and the whole nine yards. Tonight I had the oppurtunity to celebrate Shabbat with a three year old and a one year old. Below, I am going to give tonight's dinner from my perspective and then each of their perspectives. Ready? Here we go.


ED perspective: This is a lot of food. I don't know how I am going to make it through this. What if I eat more than somebody else. What if they think I am fat? How am I gong to get rid of these calories. Is this even ok? How many calories is this? Is this healthy enough? Are they watching me? Oh my gosh I am going to gain so much weight. I shouldn't be eating this. I am so stupid. Why do I let myself eat? I don't deserve this food. I ate so much already today. I hate this. I hate myself. I want to cry. I wonder what they think of me. Am I eating too fast? What if I can't do this? What if they think I'm weird. I am crazy. Food is evil. I am putting evil things in myself.


Three year old perspective: This chicken is yummy. I don't want vegetables, those are icky. Oh wait no I do want vegetables. I wonder what is for dessert. I hope it's brownies. When do I get a brownie? Can I have more bread and rice? I want gravy for my chicken. I want some strawberries too. I REALLY want a brownie. This is sooo yummy. Can I play now? I want to sit on their laps. We should listen to music! I want my airplane. Oh! BROWNIES.


One year old perspective: These people are crazy. Give me food. Hold me.


As you can see there is a distinct difference in how an ED changes your thoughts during meals. It's actually scary. Maybe if we thought more like three year olds, life would be better.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment