Friday, February 8, 2013

Reasons

There will ALWAYS be a reason to act on your eating disorder. There will ALWAYS be a reason to put off recovery for a day. The reasons are endless. It could be that you're not actually sick or that you had a really stressful day. Anything will work. But what if you stopped trying to justify bad behaviors. What if you just went with, I did it because it's what I know. That is a fact, not an excuse. Instead come up with reasons to be healthy. Maybe because you deserve it or because being sick never got you anywhere. Justifying being healthy is harder and so much weirder but it will get you somewhere. You more excuses we use, the farther away from recovery we get. I have hundreds of excuses, used them all, but I am not recovered. I haven't stopped using them. I have yet to actually responsibility for acting on behaviors. It isn't easy. But neither is keeping an eating disorder. If I put that much effort into recovery, I would be so much better off. But I keep wasting time coming up with excuses to starve. We need reasons to eat and live. Those reasons are so much more important.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment