Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hometown Pride


I'm not a football fan. But I am from Maryland and the Ravens did just win the Superbowl. For the most part I don't care about the game but I am awfully proud of the playesr and proud to be a Marylander right now. There is something about a group of people coming together to celebrate a common goal that is so invigorating. That hometown pride that right now is filling most Maryland homes is incredible. People who are Ravens fans and people who aren't, all coming together to say that their team won. It's not often that it happens, but it's magical when it does. To know that an entire state has come together to support a small group of people. Pride is something that so many people fear to lose, including myself. To have pride in oneself is so important. In times like these when my pride is wavering, it's so nice to be able to have pride in something else. It lifts us up on a cloud where there is less hatred in our world. For a little while, we are the champions. We have hometown pride. We can conquer anything.


Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment